Since its origin, Miller Electric has been focused on building advanced solution-focused products by meeting the crucial needs for welding safety and health.
The miller diversion 180 is a TIG (tungsten inert gas) welder. The diversion 180 is a powerful welder with multiple features for the use of both beginners and professionals.
Its superior performance along with its versatility and quality makes it one of the best in class. It can operate on dual voltages as well as generators with makes it possible to use it at home, remote sites and workshops.
Watch an overview of the product here:
Let’s have a look at the key specifications of the product.
Key Specifications of Miller Diversion 180
Miller diversion 180 welder features an easy-to-use control panel, a dual voltage compatibility, an inverter-based DC/AC power source, fan-on-demand setting reduces noise and prevents the contaminants from entering the machine, auto post-flow feature adjusts the post-flow according to the welding output, advanced square-wave AC offers deeper penetration and quick cooling of the weld surface and a diamond-head grip design for comfortable grip.
|Input Voltage||110/115/120 V
|Input Phase||Single Phase|
|Input Hz||50 / 60 Hz|
|Current Type||AC / DC|
|Max Open Circuit Voltage||80 VDC|
|Amperage Min||10 A|
|Amperage Max||180 A|
The manufacturer Hobart/ Miller follows true blue warranty, according to which they will repair/replace the warranted parts within the below mentioned time period:
- 5-year warranty on components such as Original Main Power Rectifiers Only to Include SCRs, Diodes, and Discrete Rectifier Modules
- 3-year warranty on parts such as Inverter Power Sources, Plasma Arc Cutting Power Sources, Process Controllers, Semi-Automatic and Automatic Wire Feeders, Transformer/Rectifier Power Sources
- 1-year warranty on AugmentedArc and LiveArc Welding Systems, Bernard BTB Air-Cooled MIG Guns, TIG Torches, Spot Welders
- 90 Days warranty on Spoolmate Spoolguns, M-Guns, MIG Guns, Subarc (SAW) Torches, and External Cladding Heads
For more details on warranty and repairs, visit website> Or call on 1-800-4-A-MILLER
Consumer Review Analysis
Let’s have a look at what the customers say about this product.
Most users love the welder, especially beginner and homeowner. Its ergonomic design along with its probability makes it easy to carry it to the desired workplace.
They also love the dual voltage setting as it makes it possible to run on both 120V and 240V.
Though it is costlier than some other welder in the market, most users agree that is totally worth the money and even calls it the industry standard of welding machines.
While the noise generated by the welder has been a controversial topic among users. Breaking of the system after every 6 months has been frequently reported.
Based on the reviews and ratings, it can be said that the product has successfully achieved the goal of consumer satisfaction.
Pros and Cons
Based on a large number of customer reviews, specifications, expert comments, here are the key pros and cons of Miller diversion 180 TIG welder:
- The ergonomic design makes it easy for users to use.
- Inverter based unit
- Fan-on demand reduces the noise generated and power consumption.
- The auto post-flow feature protects the electrode and welding area of waste gas.
- It can be used to weld aluminum, steel, and stainless steel.
- The display is easy to understand.
- Eco-friendly welder
- The power chord is short
- Expensive than other welders.
- Cannot be used for heavy-duty industrial applications
A few accessories which are must with the welder –
- Protective Cover – Buy on Amazon>
- Miller 281000 Digital Elite Black Welding Helmet with ClearLight Lens – Buy on Amazon>
If the thickness of the aluminum rim is less than or equal to 3/16 inches then it can be welded. But anything greater than this thickness is could not be welded properly and will ultimately lead to failure of the wheel.
The Miller Diversion 180 TIG Welder is rated as follows: On 115 volts it is has a 100% duty cycle at 60 amps and 35% duty cycle at 125 amps. On 230 volts it is has a 100% duty cycle at 60 amps, a 20% duty cycle at 150 amps and a10% duty cycle at 180 amps.
You can run the machine with a High frequency start on 30 amp breaker. The highest amperage pulls you should experience is 27 amps.
If you are looking for a powerful, versatile TIG welder that can give you consistent and beautiful weld then Miller Diversion could the one.
It can be used to work on aluminum, steel, and stainless steel. It is great for use in places where there is no power supply.
Though expensive than other welders in the market, it can be compensated by the performance, durability, and functionality offered by the machine.
But, if you are a professional looking for a welding machine that can perform industrial heavy-duty applications then you might wanna look a something more expensive and powerful.
Overall, from the general consensus, it can be said that the miller diversion 180 welders is not only an excellent tool but also a great investment.
Last update on 2021-04-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API